cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old email address hacked

swestwood
Joining in

As many on here have had, an old @virginmedia.com email has been hacked. Spam/ blackmail emails have been sent  and received by the address and it appears the hacker has changed the password. I contacted customer services via phone and was told that as I don't have the account number associated with it they cannot help, but I haven't been a customer for the best part of 10 years and don't have record of it. Any help deleting it / shutting it down would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried resetting the password via this link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media? If successful then follow the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi swestwood,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the compromised email, as you don't have an active account we may be limited in terms of retrieving the email.

However so we can investigate further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards

Kain

Thanks for the reply, I have replied to your pm. I have zero interest in retrieving the mail ox and would like for it to be deleted or removed in its entirety if at all possible. Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM swestwood,

The email has successfully been removed for you.

If you do have any future queries then please don't hesitate to pop back up again.

Regards,

Kain