Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old email account

Hi, I am having trouble accessing an old ntlworld email account, any ideas on how to do this would be very much appreciated 😊 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old email account

@MJames12 wrote:

Hi, I am having trouble accessing an old ntlworld email account, any ideas on how to do this would be very much appreciated 😊 

A bit more information required.

• Do you have a current VM broadband account
  • Is the Ntlworld email address concerned showing when you check your account via your primary VM username and password
  • When did you last successfully access the email account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I have Virgin Media broadband and also a virginmedia email account which I created when I closed the ntlworld one. The reason for closing it was because it was repeatedly hacked but my son's Nintendo switch account is set to this email address and we are trying to access it to obtain a verification code.

If I access my current virgin media email account I can switch to the ntlworld account but it is asking me to sign in again (I don't know the password!) 

It has been closed for approximately 1 year.

Many thanks 😊 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You could try the password reset process, but if the address hasn't been accessed for that time the mailbox associated with it may have been deleted as per the T&C's.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

If that fails you will need to seek alternative reset methods from Nintendo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos