Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Old client suddenly treated as SPAM

Hi there ,in the last week, all emails with attachments from my husband's main client and some emails he tries to send have been sent to the SPAM folder for the first time. Nothing has changed. I went into the Virgin server and switched off the SPAM filters on incoming emails and he is now receiving emails, but if he tries to reply to his client his emails through Outlook get the message:-

5.7.0 SPAM content found (VM603).

The email is from Austria and ends in .agency. What can he do to get his emails through?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old client suddenly treated as SPAM

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist then you will need to wait for a forum team member to correlate the unique reference with the email team to determine the exact cause; the unique reference is shown in the spam content message and looks similar to 03WkjqWgNmtBn03WkjCzXB.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou. I added this email address to the server Address Book and it solved the incoming mail problem, along with the disabling of the SPAM filters. We will wait until tomorrow morning and try and resend the offending email.

If that doesn't work, how do I get this looked at by a Forum Team member? 

The unique reference is zz9GinWx8ZFGRzz9GimXuC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Disabling SPAM filtering is at best a temporary workaround that allow misidentified spam to arrive in your Inbox. Adding an email address to webmail's Address Book supposedly whitelists it but there seems little, if any, evidence to support that AFAICS.

I have flagged your post to the forum team.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for your post Littlelostelf.

I've emailed the team with the reference provided and will update the thread when I hear anything back from them.

Thank you, Emily.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, I would be really grateful if you could chase this up as the inability for my husband to reply to business emails is seriously affecting his work flow. Thank you in advance, Lucy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in response Littlelostself.

The team did actually come back to me today asking if you can provide us with a header of the email in question and the contents of this so they can investigate this further for you?

Please do send this through private message to myself as this may include personal information. Then I'll forward this back to the team and hopefully they can identify the issue and solve this for you.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Emily. Hi,

The emails in question I have attached screengrabs as photos. There were NO problems with receiving and sending before Brexit. The day after, we were unable to:

Receive Emails from  [REMOVED]@kastner.agency
Open Links in emails from  [REMOVED]@kastner.agency
Reply to emails from  [REMOVED]@kastner.agency
Forward emails from  [REMOVED]@kastner.agency

Please can you reiterate that I have had to disable the spam filters entirely to be able to get these work emails through to my husband.

Now, we can receive emails from  [REMOVED] BUT cannot reply to her. We can only reply to her if we set up a new email to her. We cannot forward emails either. This is high urgency as this is my husband's main business.

Carl Lyons Studio Email unable to send SPAM.pngCarl Lyons Studio SPAM Error Message.png

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

I'm trying to send you the screenshots again  - here they are

Elke Error Message.pngEmail Elke.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, I don't think its allowing me to send the attachments - can you see them? I don't know how to get them to you otherwise. I've got 2 screengrabs, please can you help as we are getting desperate - the text of the SPAM message is:

5.7.0 SPAM content found (VM603)

2EU4jHTqJZFGR2EU5jrUuD

The email was sent from Elke on 4th February 08.34 called KW National Day

0 Kudos