cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old blueyonder account not showing on my account but it appears to have been hacked

bri_boy
Joining in

Hi,

I have an old blueyonder account that is still live. However when i log into my virgin media account it is not showing as being linked to my current VM broadband account. This blueyonder account may have been linked to my old VM account and that is where the issue lies. 

However it appears that the password has been compromised and someone is now trying to use it to change some of my other linked online accounts or set up new social media accounts in my name.

Is there anything that can be done to bring this blueyonder account back under control?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bri_boy thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here regarding your email.

If you have left us and no longer have an account, this may be difficult to resolve from our side as the email can be terminated any time from 90 days following you leaving us in line with our terms and conditions - we appreciate you are with us again now, but if there was a gap then this may be why.

Are you able to try and change the password on your email address at all?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W1 

No i can't log into the email account but i am picking up mails via SMTP on outlook so i know it is still active. I have seen emails still going into this  @blueyonder.co.uk account today including the request for OTP to change social media accounts. Luckily i have other 2FA set up so those accounts may be protected but i need to change the master password on the email account to stop this hack from carrying on.

I have the original account references that this email was set up against but cannot log into those accounts to access the mail box.

Is there anything that can be done as i know you used to be able to log directly into those blueyonder accounts?

thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Hi @bri_boy thanks for your reply.

Understood - I'd need to look into this further for you so please allow me to send you a PM so I can check the status of things.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W