Menu
Avereda
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old account being used to send spam

I am getting constant letters from Virgin informing me that an email account is being used to send spam and I need to review the account’s security settings. This is all well and good but I deleted the account at least six months ago so I have no way of doing this. I would phone for advice but this is not, apparently, an option. Could anyone provide advice as there’s really not much I can do with a deleted email account. PS my main email account is now so flooded with spam it is basically unusable.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old account being used to send spam

@Avereda wrote:

I deleted the account at least six months ago 

Could anyone provide advice as there’s really not much I can do with a deleted email account.

The Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange for that email account to be fully deleted from the system.

One of them will contact you soon via this forum and ask for the full details of the account via a Private Message.

They will arrive in a few days, just be patient. Smiley Wink

PS my main email account is now so flooded with spam it is basically unusable.

That is almost certainly nothing to do with the problem on your other email account. If the spam setting in that account is already set to "Move (spam) message to Spam folder"  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-spam-settings   and the account really is "basically unuseable" you have to consider:

a) opening up a new email account - think twice before opening a new VM email account. Other, non ISP email providers, (such as Gmail) handle spam much more effectively than VM.

b) use an email client or app to manage your emails because these often handle spam better than VM

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Avereda

Thanks for your post 

Can I ask how you deleted this email address?

If you can also try looking at 

0 Kudos
Avereda
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks from the reply, a bit of work with the filters and spam settings and I’ve got the main account into usable state

0 Kudos
Avereda
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can’t really remember but it must have been within the settings of the Virgin Media site somewhere

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Avereda,

I will private message you to get some details to help with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos