Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old Virgin.net address is being used to create Apple Id

Old Virgin.net address is being used to create Apple Id how can I stop this please?

As any mail that goes to this address is being forwarded to my gmail.com I can see it being used to spam people as well.

How are they doing this as I can't use the address, been forced to move after many years loyal custom!

Is there any support at Virgin Media, could you signpost me to the correct department?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Virgin.net address is being used to create Apple Id

all VM staff can do if you are not a customer anymore is make sure the address gets deleted.

Staff will take a few days to reply here but will be able to start getting the address deleted from the system

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi WorcsSauce, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry you're having some issues with your email, can you confirm if you're still a customer of ours?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am no longer with Virgin Media as they got rid of all customers that don't have fibre connection. I live in the countryside where we only get broadband via copper telephone cable. They have contined to forward mail from the old address which is how I know they are using the virgin.net email address.

If you delete the email address will no one be able to use it?

How do I contact Virgin Media about this please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@WorcsSauce wrote:

How do I contact Virgin Media about this please?

Thanks

Don't worry, Alex_RM is a Virgin Media employee and will get this completed for you.  He (or a colleague) will send you a private message to get the personal details and pass data security.  Then they refer it to IT for complete deletion.

When they say it is done, check for yourself using mailtester.com to confirm.  If the address still shows valid, come back and let us know.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to send you a Private Message WorcsSauce to get some more details form you so I can look into this further for you.

Rob