Menu
smoothcrooner
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old Ntlworld emails

I have some old ntlworld.com emails that I need to access. I can login to the new virgin media email account that was set up by VM but they don't show any of the original emails Could you tell me if it's possible to view the old emails please? Thank you.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Ntlworld emails

@smoothcrooner wrote:

Could you tell me if it's possible to view the old emails please?

Each virginmedia.com and ntlworld.com email account has its own completely separate mailbox and so you need to log in to each address individually to view its emails.

Do you know if this ntlworld.com email account (or accounts) still exists?

If  you do not know, try sending a test email message to it. If it does not exist you will get an error message back within a few minutes saying that the message could not be delivered because the username does not exist.

If the ntlworld account does not exist there is nothing that can be done. It's gone for good I'm afraid.

However, if the ntlworld account does still exist you could try resetting the password from here    https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password 

Enter your ntlworld address as the username and follow the prompts.

Let us know how you get on. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
smoothcrooner
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Coenoby,

I'll give it a go...I'm getting bounce backs on the test of the email address itself but can't recall what VM said at the time about the original mailboxes I had.

I do appreciate you getting back to me though....Cheers!

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@smoothcrooner wrote:

I'm getting bounce backs on the test of the email address itself but can't recall what VM said at the time about the original mailboxes I had.

Sorry to hear the account is no longer live but thanks for reporting back.

VM say that when a VM broadband account is closed any email addresses linked to it will be deleted after 90 days. In reality though the email accounts do often linger on for much longer than that so it was worth checking.

If that old account still existed there might (and I emphasise  "might") have been an opportunity to move that ntlworld email account to your current VM broadband account. However it would have replaced any new email accounts you already have set up so that might not have been ideal.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @smoothcrooner

Thank you so much for your post to our Community Forums and I am so sorry to hear that you are unable to access your old email.

I can confirm that any Virgin Media emails are deleted after 90 days of the account being closed, and if your emails are bouncing back this would indicate the account has been closed. I am so sorry for this. Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Hi @smoothcrooner

Thank you so much for your post to our Community Forums and I am so sorry to hear that you are unable to access your old email.

I can confirm that any Virgin Media emails are SHOULD deleted after 90 days of the account being closed, and if your emails are bouncing back this would indicate the account has been closed. I am so sorry for this. Thank you.

Fixed your post 😛

0 Kudos