Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Old Ntlworld account

Hi there,

I had an old ntlworld account for which I no longer use and I am no longer a virgin media customer. The account is closed, so I can't access it but I still receive emails and want to delete and get rid of the account.  Please can anyone help as somebody has been signing up to websites using my old ntlworld email address so I urgently need it to be deleted and no longer receive emails. 

Kind Regards, Boleynirons

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Ntlworld account

You have come to the right place, Boleynirons.

As you may know, the mailbox should have been closed AND deleted automatically 90 days after you finished being a customer, according to VM's own Terms and Conditions. But the process fails all too often and leaves the former customer vulnerable to hacking and theft of personal and financial details (IMO, someone should definitely claim for damages from VM or complain to ICO!).

Only VM staff can raise a ticket to get the mailbox deleted manually. The friendly Forum Team will visit this thread in the next few days and then take your personal details by private message.

When they say it is done, you can verify it is gone by running the email address(es) through mailtester.com.

In the meantime, if you still have access via an email client (Try Thunderbird - using IMAP process which synchronises with the mailbox stored on the VM server), delete everything from all the folders to reduce the information available to hackers.

Best wishes to you.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Ntlworld account

Hi Boleynirons,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. We can definitely close down you old NTLworld email account for you. I will pop you over a private message to take the email address you would like deleting and we will get this closed down though our IT department.

Kind regards Jodi