Menu
CecilBergwin
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old Email @Blue issue

Hi,

I really hope somebody can offer some help here as we currently have a nightmare.

We have several websites/services/accounts which are registered with the ******@blueyonder.co.uk email address, the device which we usually access these from has been fine for many years but.... it finally died 😞

So when we try to login and not remember passwords when we try to reset obviously it goes to the ******@blueyonder.co.uk email addresss (I've been with Virgin since day 1 of Blueyonder).

We no longer have access to that email address and we are unable to access the password retrieval emails, we cannot change the email address as you know as you need to put your existing password in etc. which we do not have for the websites/services/accounts we use.

I checked the mailchecker website and the email address we had registered is still valid but... how do we access this please?

Any help will be greatly appreciate and solve us so many headaches.

Thanks

Cecil

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Email @Blue issue

Use the Forgotten password link on the sign in page. 

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

This will take you to a page where you enter your security and/or account details.  You will then be prompted to set a new password.

The system does not send password reminder emails.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
CecilBergwin
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately this doesnt work for us as the email we need to get access to was an alias, so this shows up with an error on that website with "Unable to find your username" 😞

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The password for the alias address is the same as for the parent address as they share the same mailbox.  So try the process again but using the parent email.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CecilBergwin
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I'm shocked and so pleased from within the WebMail I noticed the add account, I added it and bingo, I thought these were lost from the transition from BY to VM.

Thanks All - Job Done.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think you may be a bit confused about what Add account in webmail actually does.

It allows you to pull in mail from an existing address so it can be read in one place.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos