cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Blueyonder email has been hacked

CF48
Joining in

Hello,

My old blueyonder email address has been hacked and I can no longer access the account.

Please can you help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello CF48

Sorry to hear of the email account issues, we appreciate the concern this can cause and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Can you elaborate on what's happened in regards to the email account? We have support here and would recommend following the steps there first. Is the email address attached to active services? If not, when were the services disconnected?

Rob

Hello Rob

Thanks you for responding to my email issue.

The email address is attached to a disconnected service.  The service disconnected in May 2020.  

I assumed the email address would be deleted when the service was disconnected but it wasn't.  I'd already decided to no longer use the email address but generally monitor it to check it's ok.  Recently it was hacked into and I can no longer access the email address. This also happened at the same time I started to received messages about my social media account passwords being changed.

I am still a VM customer with a new account.

Please can you advise best next steps.

Thanks

CF48

Hi @CF48 thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear your former email address has been compromised and for any concerns this may be causing you. I would like to help you resolve this. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for your time via PM @CF48 😊

I have raised the tickets regarding getting the email accounts removed. 

Will pop back here with an update as soon as I receive confirmation. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just updating the thread @CF48, both mailboxes have been deleted as requested. 

If I can help with anything else, please let me know. 

Take care 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs