Menu
LeylaM
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Old Blueyonder Email Hacked

Hi. I still have a very old blueyonder email set up on one of my devices that has continued to work. However, it appears it has recently been hacked and used to create accounts with things like Instagram and Netflix etc. There also seems to be redirected / undelivered mail messages. Can I get this shut down properly and permanently blocked please? I tried to log in to it from another IMAP set up, but couldn't, so I guess they have also changed password or done something. Thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Blueyonder Email Hacked

Afternoon @LeylaM

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having an issue with one of your Blueyonder email addresses recently. 

I've not been able to locate your account information from here; if you are still a customer, we can take a look at the account and reset the password for you if needed. However, if the email address is linked to a Primary email account, you could loose access to both accounts.

If you're no longer with us as an active customer, the email address should have been deleted/purged within around 90 days of you leaving. Sometimes this is missed if the account is being actively used but we can indeed delete and purge the email address if you're no longer with us. 

I'll pop you a Private Message so we can take some more information from you and pass security if needed. Once that is done, an IT  ticket will be needed to delete the account for you. Due to the festive season, there may be a longer delay than usual in replying to your Private Message and IT ticket but rest assured, we'll do this as quickly as we can. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Blueyonder Email Hacked

Hi there @LeylaM

Thanks so much for your Private Message earlier this week. I can confirm that after I raised the IT ticket around 30minutes ago, this has already been confirmed as resolved!

I do hope that's ok - if you need anything further, please do pop back to this main thread. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos