Menu
Shell_84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old Blueyonder Email Hacked

Afternoon,

I am no longer a virgin media customer (left in June 2017) and was told my email account would be closed 90 days after the disconnection of my broadband service. 

Unfortunately over the past months I have become suspicious of someone having access and using this account. This morning my fears were confirmed upon reading a response to an email someone had sent using this Blueyonder email account. 

I have read through some of the other threads and came across a tool to verify whether my old email is still active and it  is still showing as valid.

I have changed my email address on everything I can think of, but afraid if I may have missed something what this person may do with any information they get hold of.

Phone support have said they are unable to close this account. And that there is nothing they can do to help unless I rejoin virgin media broadband.

What do I do next? 

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated

Michelle

coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Blueyonder Email Hacked

@Shell_84 wrote:

I am no longer a virgin media customer (left in June 2017) and was told my email account would be closed 90 days after the disconnection of my broadband service.

I have read through some of the other threads

What do I do next?

Well done for checking through other threads before posting.Smiley Wink

No doubt you will have seen that the Forum Team (VM employees) are usually able to help in these circumstances.

Just wait a few days for them to arrive and contact you for details. Once they have the necessary info they can get the account closed for you.

Regarding updating your other online accounts. The key ones are those with financial implications, eBay, Amazon, online banking including credit card accounts, Paypal etc. However, you need to have a good think for any you have missed. Have a check through your bank and credit card statements for anything that reminds you of any that you may have missed or for any recent transactions that you do not remember making.

As far as the email account itself is concerned though, just sit tight and wait for the Team to contact you via the forum Private Message service.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Shell_84
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I am taking your advice and going to double, no triple check everything I may still have linked with the old email address. 

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shell_84,

Thank you for your patience. I'll be happy to arrange for deletion of your old email address, just reply to my PM (purple envelope, top right) with the requested information and I'll get back to you 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Shell_84
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for getting in touch Jen.

I have sent you the information as requested.

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Shell_84,

Please check your email address in Mailtester - you'll see it is no longer identified 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

Shell_84
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much. It is now sorted and my old email account has been closed as promised.

Kevinspree77
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen,

I have the same issue and telephone support say they cannot completely shut down the email address.  Please can you help as i cannot access the email since yesterday and it has definitely been compromised.  I just want it completely shut down!!

Many thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevinspree77, 

Welcome to our community and thanks for your post.

I've popped you over a private message so I can help you with this.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos