Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OLD VIRGIN.NET EMAIL ADDRESS HACKED AND NEEDS TO BE DELETED

I have an old email account which isn't used, but now i'm getting hundreds of failed delivery status notification, and on review on my emails on the 20 Jan 2020 I had an email from Virgin saying the account details have been changed, though i didn't do it, and rarely check the emails to this account, as its generally just junk.

I'm amazed this hasn't been picked up by Virgin as a clear hack.  The account need this closed down ASAP.  I have no log in details to any virgin system to deal with this myself.

Apart from this forum there appears to be no way whatsoever ever of contacting Virgin about this....which is a complete joke!!  I can't even find a way to complain to Virgin about it....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: OLD VIRGIN.NET EMAIL ADDRESS HACKED AND NEEDS TO BE DELETED

Thanks for posting LB111222

Can I ask if you're not a Virgin Media customer whatsoever?  If not how long ago were you last a Virgin Media customer?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't recall.  It was a while ago.  We had broadband with Virgin.  Is this important to close the account down?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us LB111222

We can make the necessary arrangements.  In order for me to do so, I need to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm  in the same or similar position... can you help me to canel my very old virgin.net account..

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello sandiman9

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forums and welcome to the community. Can you confirm if you still have active services with us? 

If an account/services are cancelled, usually within 90 days the email account is automatically deleted, this isn't always the case though. You can also use www.mailtester.com to see if the email address is still active. If it shows green we will need to look into this further, if it is red it has already been completely removed.

Rob

0 Kudos