Menu
AnthonyHind
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld

I need some advice please, I think my Ntlworld email has been hacked. It was working fine until 09:30 on Thursday 20th August, since then I haven't received any. Before this I had been receiving emails with password requests for various websites. My email is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Thank you

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld

Please edit your post to remove your personal email address.  Posting it is an open invitation to spammers.

The Moderators will remove it if you miss the brief edit window.

Please follow all the advice in this help document:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AnthonyHind
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, I have tried to change my password. But when I go onto the page it says your mailbox is unavailable at the moment, please try in an hour. its been 3 days now and still cant get on there. its not even working on Outlook

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You don't need to be able to access the mailbox to change the password.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If you still get the mailbox unavailable message after changing the password it is likely that the account has been locked for security reasons.

If this is the case the VM Forum Team should be able to help you with unlocking it.  They will respond in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

AnthonyHind
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Oops sorry
0 Kudos
AnthonyHind
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I think it has been locked, so I will try the vm forum as you said.Hopefully they can sort. Thank you for your help 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@AnthonyHind wrote:

I think it has been locked, so I will try the vm forum as you said.Hopefully they can sort. Thank you for your help 

This is the VM Forum, so just wait here for the Team to respond.

0 Kudos
AnthonyHind
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email

Please could you help, I think my email has been locked. How can I get it unlocked. thank you

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email

Thanks for the post AnthonyHind.

Can we please confirm if this email address is on an active Virgin Media account?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
AnthonyHind
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email

Hi Emily, 

yes it is, it was working fine until Thursday 20th August around :09:30.

0 Kudos