Menu
Sunshine21
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld website login not working

I cannot log in to my ntlworld email account via the virgin media website. It says the email address is not recognised. The email address still works on phones and apps. I need to access my address book which is only available on the web. Please help. 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld website login not working

@Sunshine21 wrote:

I cannot log in to my ntlworld email account via the virgin media website. It says the email address is not recognised. The email address still works on phones and apps. I need to access my address book which is only available on the web. Please help. 

Are you still a Virgin Media broadband customer?

The reason I ask is that the symptoms you describe - unable to access  the account by webmail but can still access it by email apps - is a classic sign that VM are deleting the account because it is no longer linked to a live broadband contract.

According to their terms and conditions, 90 days after ending your broadband contract VM are meant to delete any associated email addresses. See "You'll lose access to you Virgin Media Mail Service" in this link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-how-to-cancel .

However, those old email accounts do often linger on much longer than that. Sadly VM never seem to give any warning when they do finally get around to deleting them. At least you still have you old emails backed up on those various devices.

If you are still a Broadband customer (perhaps you rejoined them again after a break?) a member of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum may be able to help you. However, if you are no longer a paying customer there is nothing they can do I'm afraid.😟

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sunshine21
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, this is the case that my parents changed their virgin media account but they are still with virgin media and I am too. Is there someone in the VM team that can help me get web access to be able to get to my address book?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sunshine21

Thanks for coming back to us.

The email account, who's Virgin Media account is it under, yours or your parents? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Sunshine21
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The account was originally set up via my parents virgin media account. Does that matter if I am with virgin media at a different address?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Sunshine21 wrote:

Hi,

The account was originally set up via my parents virgin media account. Does that matter if I am with virgin media at a different address?

Thanks,

Yes it does matter.  The email address concerned would have been a secondary address on your parent's original account.

Ntlworld email addresses cannot be transferred individually from one VM account to another.  So you should consider this email address as lost and make alternative arrangements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sunshine21,

Our apologies for any frustration with this. 

When did the account that has the email address on get closed?

^Martin

0 Kudos