Menu
RG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld mail

My email accounts have all stopped working on ipad and desktop that both use the pop3.ntlworld.com, can not send or receive. Mail is OK on mobile that does not use pop3. Nothing has been changed, my wife's mails has also stopped working on her ipad. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld mail

It appears that VM have now turned off the legacy severs some 5 years after recommending users change to the unified Virginmedia settings.

See here for the correct settings:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Did not know had to change. When used virginmedia pop3 had to add "recent" in front of user names, think it was something to do with getting mail on desktop, ipad and mobile, do you still need to do that?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, you need to remove the 'recent' prefix.

It hasn't actually served any purpose since 2015 but was ignored by the servers until this latest change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RG
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will make the changes. 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RG, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with accessing your emails on your devices. 

It's great seeing the advice that has already been given to you and this should resolve the issues you are seeing however if for any reason you do need some assistance, please let us know by posting here so we can help you further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos