cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email

Nessa2
Joining in

I haven’t been able to access my ntlworld email for the last month it tells me there isn’t a password and to go to settings to enter one, so I do this and it still tells me there’s no password entered! Anyone have any suggestions please 

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is this email address linked to a current Virginmedia broadband account? If not it has probably been closed, in accordance with the conditions it was originally provided. 

If it is still linked, can you access it by webmail with a browser? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi thanks for your reply, it isn’t linked to virgin media account, but hasn’t been for years? 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virgin have been very inefficient in following their own rules, but they have finally caught up with that address. It's explained here..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nessa2, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and sorry to hear of the issues with accessing your ntlworld email account.

We'd love to help, have you had an account with us before with this as your registered email address?
If so, we'd need to locate the account and see how we can assist.

Let us know and we'll do our best to support you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No the account that we had was in my husbands name and my email wasn’t registered to this account 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nessa2,

Thanks for coming back to us. Unfortunately, we'd have to speak to the account holder to see what can be done in regards to recovering an email.

The email would have been attached to an account when it was created, however, if the mailbox is attached to a closed Virgin Media account, this can mean that the mailbox has been deleted, as if an email is not attached to an active broadband account, we have the right to close the mailbox down within 90 days of account closure. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If possible, the former account holder can create a Profile on the Forums and create a post about this issue so that we can assist further and investigate this as much as we can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs