cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email will not send

andrewyoung
Tuning in

Good morning, my ntlworld emails are refusing to send from my webmail or mailboxes on my Mac and iPhone. I am however receiving emails on all three. I spoke to the help desk who changed my account password. I updated the new password on all three places but the problem remains. I am getting a message on webmail saying the account is blocked when I try and send an email, and my iPhone simply says that the user name or password is incorrect which is all bizarre as I am receiving emails so I must be logged in correctly. Meanwhile the Virgin help desk has said they have logged my issue with the technical team and they will hopefully come back within 48 hours. Help, I am a journalist working abroad and I need full access to my ntlworld email. I have complained on Twitter and the bizarre response I  got from your Twitter team is to post a question on this web forum. 

21 REPLIES 21

Yes, I have been a customer with a broadband  package for many years. Your technical team still have not come back to me which is very disappointing and the problem persists. It is obvious that you have partially locked my account but you have not given me any reason for this 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andrewyoung wrote:

… It is obvious that you have partially locked my account but you have not given me any reason for this 

Do consider running the curl command mentioned earlier here; the cause maybe apparent from its resulting output.

Thanks for coming back to us @andrewyoung, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Hi,

since yesterday morning (Monday) I’ve been have the same issue. I can receive email on all 4 of my ntlworld accounts but can’t send from any of them, either on my laptop or my iPad. I receive the error message that ‘the username or password is incorrect’. 

I’ve checked all my settings and they are the virgin media settings, (the pop and smtp settings) so that’s not the reason, and I’ve changed NOTHING from my end so this has to be an error st Virgin media’s end. 

I’ve been using these email addresses for about 25 years so this would be a real blow if I can’t get them working again. 

And I’ve just double checked: I can send email from ntlworld addresses via webmail, just not from my Mail apps on my laptop or iPad.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Dellilah

It would be best if you started your own thread for this, because it gets confusing for the staff to answer two people on the same thread.  When you do that, check whether your email addresses are linked to your current Virgin broadband account, because this will affect the outcome.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

OK, will do. In most forums they don’t like people starting too many threads on the same subject so I guess I was going by that practice. Thanks for the info! 

odonncr
Joining in

Virgin media team - I’ve reset my virgin account password multiple times over the past couple of days as suggested. Web mail eventually works and I can the. send messages briefly via iPhone and MacBook mail before the problem starts again. Can you assist?

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the E-Mail account. 

Does the E-Mail issue continue when working with the web mail services only? 

Have you attempted to remove the E-Mail account from the web mail services and then re-add the E-Mail account to see if this combats the issue for an extended period of time? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn

What do you mean by "remove the E-Mail account from the web mail services"? Surely that would be disastrous, causing loss of data (historical e-mails) and potentially close the OP's Virgin Media account altogether.

Have I misunderstood? If I have then I'm sure that others have too.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK