Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email showing unavailable

Hi, i am unable to access my ntlworld email. i am trying to access it through the virginmedia not through a client. i keep getting your mailbox is unavailable please try again in 1hour. 

I have tried customer services and they cannot help.

Are the ntlworld accounts bieng phased out and do i need to make another email account, if so what happens to the old emails.

Apologies if the message sounds confused but it is not as confused and frustrated as me, it seems no-one at Virgin can help, so if there is someone that can i would be very grateful, Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email showing unavailable

Hi just to let all know managed to get through to customer services!! And to someone who actually knew what to do and they just reactivated the account as it was disabled.

Why it was disabled they don't know but can only assume that I had not used the email for a month (only cos I couldn't logon) 

Anyway the key words to use when talking to customer services is to say that the email is unavailable because it looks as though it has been disabled and it needs to be enabled.

Don't know if this will work for everyone however it worked for me.

Thanks and stay safe 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The usual reason for the account being unavailable is when the VM security team lock it to protect the account holder.

You should change the account password if you haven't already done so.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, I have now changed my password:)

0 Kudos