Menu
tferguk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email settings and password for Thunderbird

Hi,

My old NTLWorld email address was being forwarded to my GMail address but has now stopped working.

Another old NTLWorld address for my partner on the same account is still working. Neither are linked to my main VM account, so I can't access them directly.

I can't recall the password for it - and can't see anyway on the VM Site to reset an NTLWorld email password.

Any help out there - or pointers? Got some urgent docs in the email I'd like to access.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ntlworld email settings and password for Thunderbird

@tferguk wrote:

My old NTLWorld email address was being forwarded to my GMail address but has now stopped working.

Neither are linked to my main VM account, so I can't access them directly.

Any help out there - or pointers?

From what you say it seems that your old email address was attached to a now defunct VM broadband contract.

If that is correct the most likely cause is that VM have now deleted that old address. It is part of VM's Terms and conditions that these old orphaned email addresses are deleted 90 days after the closure of the broadband account they were attached to. However, in practice it can take years for VM to get round to deleting them which may explain why your partner's email address is still working at the moment. (Note, I said "at the moment".😉  )

Check whether your email account still exists by sending an email to it from your Gmail account and see if you get a bounceback "Mail delivery failed" message back which includes the line "550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com> User doesn't exist". I've put xxxxxxxxx in place of the username.

If you don't get an error message back you could try using the forgotten password option from here https://mail.virginmedia.com  . Click on the word password in the link and enter your ntlworld address as your username. 

However, if the account has been deleted all the emails in it will have gone too.☹️

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email settings and password for Thunderbird

Hi tferguk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, is the account associated with the emails you can no longer access still active?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos