Menu
Ols
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email password

Hello,

We used to have (and hopefully still do) an ntlworld email account that I need to get access to ( so that I can sort my Apple ID out). Virgin support don't seem to be able to help. Any ideas?

Cheers 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
MonkeySee019
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email password

are you still a virgin media broadband customer?
if not you no longer have a ntlworld email address
0 Kudos
Ols
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, still a customer, mmm, or rather daughter is. Same property, different family member is account holder though. Wonder if that makes a difference...

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If the current account is in a different name then the email address concerned has likely been lost.

You can check if it is attached to the current broadband account by logging into the My Virgin Media primary username and looking under the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs.

If it doesn't show up in either place it has probably been deleted or maybe in an orphaned state pending deletion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ols
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Well, this may be, and probably is, true but I still have at least 2 other ntlworld email addresses that I use on a daily basis, although it has to be said, I am gradually cutting over to Gmail or whatever that I'm more confident will never (never say?) will get deleted. So, on the basis that these other emails continue to exist, then we might suppose that the other one does as well. Logical? Now I just need to get into it one last time so that I can sort out the Apple ID that's associated with it. It's so important because unless I can do this 4,albeit rather oldish Apple devices will end up as paperweights. Unless I can find original Pur hase receipts from 8+ years ago. It is easier to get a bloody passport than to get Apple to unlock an ancient device - DH's! 

Thanks for any help you can give. 

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you haven't already done so try the forgotten password route. You may need to enter the security answers in all Upper case or all lowercase if they are not initially recognised.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

If that doesn't work you will need to contact Apple to establish an alternative method of regaining access to the Apple account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Ols
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ah, if only life were so simple...

The Apple ID with the ntlworld email address doesn't exist, according to Apple - our fault of course. Even if it did, I don't have access to the email address to be able to change the password on the Apple ID account. I had therefore wondered, if I create a new Apple ID with the same name as the prev us one that doesn't exist, whether it would get me back in to my devices - it's a long shot I know. Failing that, as I said, they want sales invoices - from 8+ years ago. I even offered to take the devices, along with my passport into a bank or an Apple shop. No, that won't do apparently, and there's no right to appeal, other process, even other email account that you can communicate with someone sensible. There's feedback - yeah right, or writing snail mail to Ireland - equally yeah right. I'm just a little tempted to never buy Apple again, after a dozen plus over the years

Apologies for the rant.

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Setting aside the rant against Apple for now, have you actually tried either of the methods I suggested to check the status of the Ntlworld email address/reset the password?

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I agree with Graham

I'd try the forgotten password route on Virgin Media's login screen to see if you can reset your password that way.  However even if you do get in, you should consider the address on borrowed time.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Ols
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Chaps,

Thank you again for your time. I tried logging into daughters account and it shows no email accounts set up. I tried logging in with my old ntlworld email, that was the primary address previously, and it cannot find the account. Not unsurprisingly, it could find the username of the subsidiary email that I want to get in.

I previously downloaded and backed up the primary email (ntlworld) and have been migrating to other accounts, so although it will be a pain to lose it, it won't be the end of the world

Any ideas what else might be an option? Virgin suggested calling a paid for service that they gave me the telephone number for.

Alternatively, anyone experienced in jailbreaking Apple devices 😉

Cheers 

Ivan 

0 Kudos