cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email password reset

Craig7177
Joining in

I have forgot my password and I am trying to use the forget password link but it just keeps saying put the email in you registered with, it is an old ntlworld.com email

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Craig7177 In the forgotten password page you enter the Ntlworld email address concerned. The next step will be to answer the password recovery questions that are asked.  This is where you might come unstuck.  If you haven't already set said password recovery answers you won't be able to get any further.

In which case you will need to wait until the VM Forum Team respond to this thread and they will seek to help you via a private message exchange.  You will need to have the details of your current VM broadband account to hand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

thanks for helping but I can’t get to the questions as it’s as if it isn’t recognising my ntlworld email address, I no longer have broadband or a tv package with Virgin as it wasn’t available in the new area which we moved to

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Craig7177 Unfortunately for you the fact that you no longer have a VM broadband account is the reason that the system no longer recognises the email address.  Continued use of the free VM/Ntlworld email address requires it to be connected to a VM broadband account.

You should of had 90 days after leaving to make arrangements to save any emails that you wanted to keep before the email account closed.  Sometimes they do go on longer before eventually being closed.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help check the exact status of the email account when they reach this thread.  As you are no longer a customer there may be nothing that they can do other than ensure that the email address concerned is fully deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Craig7177,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. We do apologise but we will not be able to reset your password on your NTLworld email account as you are no longer an active customer with us. 

As our valued member @Graham_A has already given the correct advice, the only thing we can do is to make sure your email address has been fully deleted from our systems.

If you would like me to check this, please come back to us and I will pop you over a private message. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

if that’s all that can be done then yes please and thanks.

Craig

Hi @Craig7177,

Thanks for confirming. I'll pop you over a private message now, so we can get this sorted for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ