cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email on Iphone not receiving

lw01
Joining in

Today I changed my virgin media password. My email on iPhone 11 will send but not receive. “No password provided for Ntlworld” go to nail settings and enter a PW. I have copied and pasted my new Virgin media PW into the incoming mail server password space but the fault continues. I can send mails out but not receiving. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lw01 

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lw01 

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Fan-bloody-tastic you insightful genius. Fanks

@Graham_A wrote:

@lw01 

Graham, considering the number of times you seem to have to have posted on various threads explaining this to customers - yes I do know that’s it’s a C&P response, but still - do you not think that it might just have been a good idea for VM to have publicised this before roll out of app-specific passwords?

And do you not find it odd, that you are the only one doing this, not one single member of the forum team, or any other VIP member has given the same (entirely correct) advice? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have asked the Community Manager to make a prominent post in the email forum regarding this.

All theVIPs and Forum Team should be aware of the change.  The VM Mail help pages have already been updated with the new requirements.