cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email hacked

Allhend1977
Joining in

My Facebook account was hacked yesterday using my ntlworld email address. I have been using this email address for over 20 years but I can no longer log into my settings to change my password. I have an active VM account and am a staff member, but I am worried that my email has been compromised as I use it for everything.

How do I log into my email account as cannot access via Virgin Media website or O2 website

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Allhend1977

We're sorry to hear of the issues experienced with your Facebook account and email address, we understand the concern this can cause and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Are you able to try the following via your MyVM online account as you mentioned not being able to log in to change your settings?

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Rob

Allhend1977
Joining in

Hi,

Problem with that is I am unsure of whether my email account has been hacked. I have no historic emails showing after January 2023 so resetting my password may lose me access completely. I am trying to log into my email account via another route in case my mobile has been cloned. I currently use Gmail to access them but I wanted to access them directly through Virgin Media. The weblink that I keep being given is mail.virginmedia.com, but clicking this simply throws up a "Forbidden" message.

We're eager to help with this and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're welcome Allhend1977, happy to help.

Let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂 Have a great weekend.

Rob