cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email fails to send via WiFi through hub

Robin115
Tuning in

Our email accounts (ntlworld.com) will not send via our Virgin hub. They fail both from our mobiles using WiFi and from the desktop with the wired connection. The mobiles both send ok if mobile data is used. It doesn't seem to matter which mobile app is being used. Using webmail seems to be OK

2 REPLIES 2

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Robin115, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your email/WIFI looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I'd like to eliminate the possibility of the connection being the cause of this email issue first before moving onto anything else. 

Are you having any connection issues with any other aspect? 

WIFI issues usually manifest as the below - 

• Buffering whilst trying to stream videos through apps such as Facebook, Youtube, Netflix etc. 
  • WIFI symbol changing to a data symbol on your handsets (Due to the WIFI completely disconnecting from your phone)
  • The Hub showing any lights other than the normal constant white light. 
  • Speed tests showing a slow speed below 30mbps over WIFI connections, try doing a speed test here - Speed Test - Post the result here if you want 🙂

Please let us know if you've experienced anything like these aspects and we'll continue to help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider trying the following troubleshooting options:

• post a redacted screenshot of the error shown when an email cannot be sent
  • when connected to the network from which emails cannot be sent:
    🔳 browse to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer and note the Your IP address is value
    🔳 go to https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
    🔳 enter the Your IP address is value (noted previously) in the Search single IP, domain or hash field and select Lookup
    🔳 follow the advice offered

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks