cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email compromised

EMF2
Joining in

Hello , my mothers old Ntlworld email has been compromised and we cannot change the password as she is no longer a VM customer. Can you please help to change the password or delete the account completely. 

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @EMF2 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your ntlworld email

I am going to drop you a private message now to confirm some more details and get this sorted for you, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Can you help me ? I have a ntlworld.com email which I am locked out of and have had to use a g mail address to get on this forum . Has ntlworld.com been hacked? Thanks

Hi @Chrissos 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your ntlword account. 

There was a known issue affecting ntlword accounts but this has now since been resolved. 

Can you please try a password reset and wait a few hours before trying to gain access?

If this does not work, can you confirm that you have an active broadband service with us and that this email is linked to it? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi all. I have had my NTLworld.com email compromised -hi-jack would be a better term-  and the log in used to access Amazon and others. They simply used the email address to log in, them claimed they'd lost the password. They then got a new password sent to my email address and they were in. I am so anxious that they can use the email for similar things and have been going round everyone I can think of to warn them. I have stopped credit cards and spoken to the bank.  No one I spoke to at Virgin Media was able to help. They did manage to get me in to my profile page where I could see a new peculiar email had been attached to the account but they have removed the original one. After nearly 9 hours of telling the same story over and over again and being upsold stuff I didn't want or need I was practically in tears begging them. All I wanted was them to stop the account from being used. They just couldn't do it. Can anyone help? Please!

Hi Brighteyes1

Thanks for your post. We're so sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your email account.

We can see that you are already speaking with my colleague Nathan from another thread - we will continue to assist you further from there to avoid any confusion.

Kind regards

Beth