cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email can’t receive emails

Dawnrun86
Joining in

I cannot access my ntlworld account and people sending me emails they just bounce. I tried changing passwords. It says cannot get mail no password provided for “ntlworld”

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dawnrun86 wrote:

"I cannot access my ntlworld account and people sending me emails they just bounce."

Bounce messages always give the reason the email could not be delivered. If you could find out exactly what those bounce messages say and post the text here it would help to determine exactly what action needs to be taken to resolve the problem. When you post that message make sure that you hide or remove the email address itself - it's a bad idea to post your email address on a forum such as this.

"I tried changing passwords. It says cannot get mail no password provided for “ntlworld”

Just to explain, if there was a password issue with your email account it would prevent you from accessing your emails but it would not have caused incoming emails to be bounced back to the sender.  Therefore changing the password will not stop the emails from bouncing

Having said that, The "no password provided" error clearly shows there is a problem of some sort - possibly unconnected with the one causing the emails to bounce back.

Just to trouble shoot the password problem, what error message do you get when you enter the ntlworld email address that is bouncing messages and its new password here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?  That link should allow you to access the email account directly on the VM website without going through your "My Virgin Media" account or any third party software. Pleas post back with the Virgin Media error message you get, or confirm that you are able to access the account by that route,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s says my mailbox is unavailable

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dawnrun86 wrote:

It’s says my mailbox is unavailable

Ok, thanks for that.

That would explain why you are getting the "no password provided for “ntlworld”".  It means that VM have locked your account for some reason. In many cases resetting the password yourself unlocks the account but not in every case.

If you are a VM broadband customer the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should be able to get your email account unlocked by the relevant VM technical team. One of the Forum Team should pick up on this thread in the next day or so and contact you via the forum.

However, that error is not the reason why people sending you emails get them bounced back. As I said in my first post, the reason for that should be given in the bounce back messages those senders receive when they try to email you. Therefore sight of one of those bounce messages would help to determine what needs to be done to stop your emails being rejected/bounced.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Ok thanks brilliant help thanks. I hope VM pick it up as I am a broadband customer. I’ll check the error message in regards the bounced email. Thanks again. Very much appreciated

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dawnrun86 wrote:

I hope VM pick it up as I am a broadband customer.

They will do - I have now escalated your post to the Forum Team. Keep on eye out for a message from them. 😉

Coenoby

Hi there @Dawnrun86

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue and thank you so much to @coenby for their help on this so far.

I'd be happy to take a look into this issue with you, I will pop you a PM now so we can investigate. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thanks again.