Menu
Bev5
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email box not available

• Hi there, Please... Can someone help me here.

I have been unable to access my ntlworld email box since late March.

I have followed all virgin media suggestions regarding this ongoing problem and still nothing is changing the situation.

The error message received when trying to access my emails via the virgin media link remains the same. Even a phone calls resulted in an unsatisfactory response, advising me that it is a recognised and ongoing issue but one that engineers have not been able to rectify.

I also received a letter today telling me to change my password (yet again) due to a potential compromised account. All to no avail. I still have no access to my email box.

Now in July, I would like to be advised of how I will be able to receive access to my emails - which belong to me and surely represent and qualify as my personal data and confidential property.

Is it lawfully right that virgin media can in effect deny me access to my emails that they hold in their domain?

Thank you for reading. Any firm assistance that you can provide will be gratefully embraced! 

Bev

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ntlworld email box not available

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to read that the call center staff haven't been able to help.

The VM Forum Staff should be able to get the account unlocked for you.

There is a proviso and that is the email address concerned must be linked to a current VM broadband account.

The team should respond here within 24 hours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bev5
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, to Graham_A

I live in hope! 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bev5

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the email issue and I'll send you a PM now to help further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for joining me on PM Bev5,

Just to update the thread, the mailbox was unlocked. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Bev5
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks to Graham for his heads up - and to John for finally helping to resolve this very long and utterly frustrating problem for me! I'm so very grateful! Kind regards. Bev. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bev,

Thank you for the update, glad to hear you have now got this resolved, I will make sure this gets fed back.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Gillr1
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I too am having same problem if I try to access my Vigin Media through a web browser. I was without emails for over a week when finally Virgin support reset my password and I was then able to access them through my email app on my smartphone. Virgin support tried to tell me forbidden error on web browser was my laptop fault and referred me to Gadget Rescue! I was quoted one off cost £60. The other alternative was to change my password again, I asked why when it works on email App and refused this option.

Luckily I tried my smartphone web browser before contacting Gadget Rescue and wasting my money. I got the same error message so then I knew it wasn't my laptop fault. I am really surprised that such a large company has a support team who don't know what they are doing or saying. I am very disappointed with the support so far after numerous phone calls and a complaint letter. It is obvious from this forum that Virgin have a problem so why don't their staff know and why haven't they been told how to properly resolve this?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Mrosdex

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post - sorry that you've been having some issues with your emails since March.

Can you explain exactly what issues you are having? Are you an active Virgin Media customer? 

Are you getting an error message when trying to access? How are you trying to access your emails? Via webmail or a 3rd party email client? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Gillr1

Welcome also to our Community and thanks for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues accessing the emails via a web-browser. Can you advise how you are having issues? Is this via webmail or a 3rd party email client? 

Can you advise the exact error message you are getting when attempting to access via your laptop? 

If you are still able to access your emails in all ways apart from on one device and have refused to reset the password again, then yes, it may have been recommended to try Gadget Rescue as they assist with 3rd party equipment such as laptops which we are unable to assist you with. 

We did have some email issues late last month - these were posted on our Forums and were also listed on impacted accounts. If no note was on your account then this wouldn't be linked to that particular issue. 

If you're still having issues after resetting the password again, pop back and let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos