Menu
WombatTrousers
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email addresses

Is it true that Virgin is removing the old ntlworld email addresses, have been told by others it is happening but have not had an email.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email addresses

No it isn't true.  As long you are still a Virgin Media broadband customer and the Ntlworld email address is correctly linked to your broadband account VM will continue to support it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

WombatTrousers
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are Virgin ending the Ntlworld Email address

I have heard that Virgin Media is ending the Ntlworld Email address, is this true?  Some people say they have had emails about this I can't find one or any other mention.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are Virgin ending the Ntlworld Email address

The answer has not changed since you asked yesterday.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ntlworld-email-addresses/m-p/4286265

Who are "some people"?  Do they have active broadband accounts with Virgin Media?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
WombatTrousers
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could not find my first post so as I was not sure it had gone through so I asked again. People I know who are virgin media customers have received emails purporting to be from virgin. as i had not received an email and could find no mention on any forums I simply threw the question out there. 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you ever want to find a post just click on your name and a whole list will pop up.

The question is based on a fundamentally false rumour or an over-active imagination. If their was an e-mail it not from VM. All the VM legacy domains still exist and will continue to exist for all eligible customers - those with a paid for VM broadband connection..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@WombatTrousers wrote:

Could not find my first post so as I was not sure it had gone through so I asked again. People I know who are virgin media customers have received emails purporting to be from virgin. as i had not received an email and could find no mention on any forums I simply threw the question out there. 

There are some phishing emails doing the rounds that might suggest this, however, it is also possible that the people you know are using ntlworld email addresses that are not actually connected to their current VM broadband account.  These are known as orphaned accounts and VM are sending out closure notifications to some of these accounts as noted in the first post of this thread: Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts 

It might be worth you pointing that out to your friends just in case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more