Menu
Jack12345
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email account problem,

Hi, 

I am having a big problem with my NTLworld log in. Its got to the point where I can receive emails on my mobile phone only but can't send out any emails from anywhere.  I have looked in setting s and get the cannot send mail icon because the smtp.virginmedia.com server failed. Out going servers can be configured in accounts etc....  I have gone in to accounts but it won't accept my password. I'm assuming its the same as my log in to my account?   For outgoing email The primary server is on (it wasn't before) but it still doesn't work. Grateful for any help at all Thanks

0 Kudos
Lensman864
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email account problem,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as of 19:00 on May 15th UK.

The incoming server is operational but the outgoing SMTP server is not connecting.

Again an NTLWORLD email address if that is relevant.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email account problem,

For both posters (2nd poster it is easier if you start your own thread, but whatevs) (whoops - I see you have started your own thread, well done, sorry for sounding tetchy)

Can you send messages if you log in to webmail or does that fail also?

Email clients don't always give the exact answer of where the process is failing.  Try to get the VMxxx code by following the instructions here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Outgoing-Authentication-Issues-Check-Email-Logs/td-p/3237...

Then the community can give more specific advice.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos