cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email account not receiving emails

Mary496
Joining in

Cannot receive emails on my ntlworld account. Is this an end to the address or is it an issue that has an easy fix. I have changed passwords so much I don't know which one us right, I have emptied mailboxes and changed settings so much am not sure if doing worse. Does the change to 02 have any bearing or is it a Google issue or even my android phone issue. Strange thing is on my old phone I can get emails on ntlworld but only jeep this phone for games and pictures. Can you help this began on 3rd august

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

drcce2001
On our wavelength

I am receiving Ntlworld  email (IMAP) on my desktop in Thunderbird but not in either of my two android devices (O2, Gmail app, IMAP) since August 4th 2023. 

I can send email from these android devices but not receive. Any advice welcome.

I have auto-syncing enabled in Gmail app on the android devices.

Update.

I solved my android devices problem. I updated the Gmail app on my phone and it has solved the issue on both devices.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mary496,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

Have you been able to sign into the email address on other web browsers/devices to see if the issue continues?

^Martin

drcce2001
On our wavelength

I am receiving Ntlworld  email (IMAP) on my desktop in Thunderbird but not in either of my two android devices (O2, Gmail app, IMAP) since August 4th 2023. 

I can send email from these android devices but not receive. Any advice welcome.

I have auto-syncing enabled in Gmail app on the android devices.

Update.

I solved my android devices problem. I updated the Gmail app on my phone and it has solved the issue on both devices.

Hi @drcce2001, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Have you tried following the advice provided in this article here? Please refer to the section entitled "How to set up my Virgin Media email on a device".

If no further forward thereafter, we'll take a closer look into this for you.

Regards,
Daniel

Just updated my Google account in play app and it worked..so far any way...thank you so much, such a simple solution. 😃 

Hi @Mary496, that's great to hear 😀

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel