Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email account hacked

My ntworld email was hacked and the password has been changed so i can't get back in to my account. I have spent over 2 hours on live chat and phone calls to Virgin Media to try to get help accessing, changing my password, suspending or blocking the account with no help at all, I am at my wits end with worry as they are now hacking other accounts which I am trying to stop - are you able to help please? My details - email address and password along with over 8,000 other ntlworld customers details are posted on a forum website via a link anyone can open - please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email account hacked

Hello Lizzy21, 

I'm very sorry to hear that your Virgin Media email account has been hacked and I have sent you a private message so we can get the password changed right away. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WIFI MAC Blocking Query

Hi 

I'm trying to remove some MAC address's from my WIFI. I've looked on the connected devices and there are a couple I don't recognise and one that I gave a neighbour my password for a one off emergency use 3 months ago only to find they are still using it.  Will these extra devices being used slow my internet speed down, also I'm worried about security.  I've followed the advise online to remove these devices and add a filter rule but i get 'MAC address is already in use.' message come up. Can you please advise me?

Kind regards

John
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI MAC Blocking Query

Hi John, thanks for getting back in touch.

If the devices in question are actively in use then yes they will certainly be having an impact on your service.

If you've been unable to block he devices via MAC filtering, it would be best to change the password for your 'hub, which will disconnect all known devices until they're re-connected with the new password. 

If you get stuck sorting that out don't hesitate to give us another shout.

Tom

0 Kudos