cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email access - settings out of date

susuka
Joining in

My ntlworld email account was my main email account for years; since 2nd February I have not been able to access my emails as outlook is saying my email settings are out of date. 

I have tried customer support an reset the password (stupidly the email is sent to that account, which I cannot access); I need access to the emails.

How can I have this resolved? 

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @susuka 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry to hear you're having access issues. Is this an email that's listed on an active Virgin Media account? 

Please do also try this settings page which should help.

There is a current ongoing email issue, I am not sure if this affects you but if so we apologise again to those individuals who have been experiencing issues with their email services since Monday. Our teams are continuing to work on restoring all users’ access as a priority and we will do this as soon as possible.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Good Morning, 

The email was a secondary email address on an account; it was not used to login to a virgin account. 

Thanks

Hi @susuka 

Thanks for coming back to us. As per our terms and conditions, emails not listed on an active account would be closed within 90 days.

I'll send you a PM now to see if there is anything we can do.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

susuka
Joining in

My dad is also having issues with his ntlworld email address; his is still linked to his Virgin account as the primary email address. Can anything be done with this? 

Hi @susuka thanks for getting back to us.  

I am really sorry for any confusion here and also that your dad cannot access his emails. For my understanding, is your own email address, linked to an active broadband account?  Or has the broadband account the email address was linked to, been disconnected?  Regarding your dad's email address, is he receiving any error messages?  Is he unable to access on all platforms?  For example, is he trying to login via a 3rd party mail client, or via webmail?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee, 

The original is my personal email address which was linked to my dads as a secondary email address (separate inbox, but an active account).

My dads email is not receiving any error messages just trying to sync then failing, we have reset the password to no avail. 

Thanks for getting back to me @susuka. So I can take a closer look on your behalf, I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee