cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld.com imap password issue

KamN396
On our wavelength

Is there an issue with the ntlworld imap servers with authentication,  my email hasn't worked since 11.30 am yesterday,  when logging in its now asking for my password,  once I've entered it, the message disappears but then doesn't actually log me in, it comes back asking me for my password again.  It's been over 24 hours now, but when I check my service status page,  it says there's no issues in my area.

Can anyone shed any light on what's actually going on with this. 

TIA.

13 REPLIES 13

The only answer I get to anything is

Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email.

If I click forgot password i get

Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.

No its not listed on the email accounts. And yes it came from an account which my husband had up to a year or so ago. I thought we had transferred it to this account then but I cant find it listed on my account.

Thanks for coming back to us @sheri666, and I'm sorry to hear of the E-Mail account issue.

For the E-Mail address to be moved and transferred over, we would need to pass data protection with the account holder(s) for both the former and active accounts and then request the move and transfer.

However, if this is completed, the transferring of the E-Mail address from the former account to the active account, would subsequently delete any E-Mail addresses that have been created on the active account.

Do please let us know what you would like to do moving forward, and we'll be on hand to assist where possible.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, yes that is fine. All we want is to access the email address as we have had it a long, long time. It was our main email address.

Thank you @sheri666 

I am now in contact with both account holders and will continue to look into this with you both via the PM's, once we have a resolution I will pop back to this public forum to confirm. 

Thank you again