cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld Email

seb27
On our wavelength

Having a problem logging into my email since changing my password  saying incorrect password anybody else having this problem 

Regard seb27 

2 REPLIES 2

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Did you by any chance change the password on the webmail portal, and now find that this new password doesn’t work for email client applications (Outlook, Thunderbird etc?)

If so then this is normal due to a recent change that VM have made, probably for very good reasons but poorly communicated, as per normal!

If you check the following post

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/NTLWorld-email-access/td-p/5338642 

The answer to what sounds like a similar situation as you have, is the instructions to log into the account management interface, setup an ‘app - specific’ password for email and use that in the clients instead.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@seb27 wrote:

Having a problem logging into my email since changing my password  saying incorrect password

Is that error message coming from the email app that you use to manage your email account or from the Virgin Media webmail service when you sign into the email account on the VM website?

If it's coming from an email app then it's likely that you have been caught out by a recent change VM have made to their email security,

That change means that when you reset a VM email password you now have to generate an app specific password to use instead or your webmail password when accessing that email address via any third party email apps or clients on all your devices.
To do that sign into the My Virgin Media account that you used to change the password. Scroll down the "Accounts details" page to "Mailbox app password management." and click on "Manage".
You can then generate an app password which will be in the format: video-post-mossy-sharp
You will then need to enter that new app password (including the "-") into the password field in any the email apps that you use to access the account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks