Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ntl world email

Hi 

i still use an old ntlworld email account(roughly 19 years old).last week my password for my email address won’t work,then I receive a letter off virgin saying my account has been locked as it has been used to send spam emails.

in the letter it tells me to change my password but how the heck can I do this or unlock my account it’s frying my brain trying to do this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntl world email

@Emmamay wrote:

Hi 

i still use an old ntlworld email account(roughly 19 years old).last week my password for my email address won’t work,then I receive a letter off virgin saying my account has been locked as it has been used to send spam emails.

in the letter it tells me to change my password but how the heck can I do this or unlock my account it’s frying my brain trying to do this.

Did the letter not refer you to this help page? virgin-media-mail-my-email-account-is-locked

Or are you no longer a VM broadband customer in which case the reset option may not work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately the old email address doesn’t show up when I log into my virgin account.

i only ever used it on a old laptop with outlook express which auto logged in with my password.i have never accessed it from anywhere else but the laptop.my virgin account has the wife’s ntl email but never mine.hers is working fine,but mine has just been locked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emmamay,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the email issue. Is the email still active, if you try it on mailtester.com

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I’ve checked the email it is still valid & I use it every week before I was locked out that is

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Emmamay wrote:

Unfortunately the old email address doesn’t show up when I log into my virgin account.

i only ever used it on a old laptop with outlook express which auto logged in with my password.i have never accessed it from anywhere else but the laptop.my virgin account has the wife’s ntl email but never mine.hers is working fine,but mine has just been locked.

Did you and your wife have separate virgin accounts at any time in the past, or move house, or have a break in services?  It may be that you have an orphan address.  John_GS will be able to check for certain when you reply to the Private Message he should soon offer.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

If this is the case, you'll have to decide which address to keep.  Email addresses come as a package (a profile) that is linked to a billing account.  If your two addresses were linked to separate accounts, they can't be joined together.  Nothing personal, that is the way the VM system is designed.  Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emmamay,

Is the email address in question on an active Virgin Media account? 

Kind regards, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We have an active virgin account with an accessible email,but not this particular email.

we have been a cable customer for 25 years and gone through all the name changes (cable and wireless,ntl now virgin

never breaking service

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is a strange one in that case @Emmamay and something we may need to take a closer look at. 

I've located your account and as such will pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and take some more information from you. 

Look out for the Purple envelope in the top right corner and pop us a reply when you can. 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos