cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntl email saying forbidden

angelabby07
Joining in

Hi

Ive not been able to use my email for 3-4 days now as when I try to login it just comes up with “Forbidden “ 

I spoke to virgin who told me to change password, clear cache and history, try another device to login but none of these have worked. 

I’m at a complete loss, please can anyone help me?? 

6 REPLIES 6

darbo
On our wavelength

Hi,

I had a similar problem, my attempts to change the password failed. This was resolved by my 'phoning virgin and getting them to change the password for me. Although my desktop is now working fine I find that I cannot access ntlworld emails on my Kindle, ipad, and iphone.  I have checked all the settings on said appliances and entered the new password, to no avail. I can access my emails via the Virgin Web page but would like to have direct access, ie via the email app on the kindle.

Hope you get your probem resolved.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@darbo 

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

darbo
On our wavelength

Hi Graham,

Thank you, will give it a try.

Alan

angelabby07
Joining in

Thanks I’ve tried to change it in there but still nothing 😞 going to call virgin media again 

darbo
On our wavelength

Hi, I hope you have success as I know full well how frustrating it is not being be able to access emails!

Thanks to Graham I have managed to get emails on my Kindle via the dedicated email logo on the device. Had to generate a APP password via my accounts at Virgin, then reset the account details on the Kindle.

Surprisingly this does not work on mine or my wifes iphone. Message says No password provided for "Ntlworld",  although I am using the new APP password. I have tried both Ntlworld and Virgin server settings, no luck!

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @angelabby07 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the email issue.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill