Menu
Morag56
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ntl email hacked

Hope someone can help me urgently. My ntl.com email has been hacked and people are using it to try and order goods through Amazon etc and set up instagram and other accounts. `I have tried changing password but it won’t let me, although I have changed the security question. I’m really worried as I use this email address for everything. Why can’t I change the password/

Please help

Morag

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ntl email hacked

If you have been able to change the security answers you should also be able to change the password in the same area of your My Virgin Media account.

What happens when you try the password change?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Morag56
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have finally just managed to change the password. I was going to use the strong one my iPad suggested, but it didn’t like it so I chose my own, and that seems to have worked. But I am really anxious about the fact somebody is using my email address to try and order stuff from Amazon and other places. Is there anything else I can do? I am so stressed. But thank you so much for taking the time to answer me so promptly. I am such a technophobe. I have also been blocked from Facebook, as somebody has hacked that account too.

Thanks

Morag

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Morag56 You have already done two of the recommended steps.  Have a look at this for more advice:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Morag56
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I’ll check this link. Am very grateful for your help.

Morag

0 Kudos