cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some Ring emails

Tattenham51
Joining in
We have Virgin Media broadband and an ntlworld.com email account that we access through Virgin Media.
In order to login to our Ring doorbell account, we enter our email address and password in the Ring app, enter the two factor authentication code sent to us by email (note: code from the email received from Ring) and are then presented with a screen saying, "Please respond to the link in the verification email that has been sent to you".
The verification email does not arrive despite several presses on the "re-send verification email" button.  We also get an email from Ring warning that someone has logged into our Ring account.
We called Ring support and they sent several verification emails to us.  None arrived and yet the Ring operative said that he could see that they had been delivered.
Can Virgin Media staff check our email account for messages blocked at around 7pm BST on 17 August?

[I find it very odd that Ring wish to send an email verification link after we have entered an authentication code sent to our email account.  The Ring operative seemed unfazed by that.]
3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tattenham51,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with receiving your verification emails!

Do you have issues receiving other emails to this mailbox? Unfortunately, we would be unable to check your mailbox for any blocked emails as this is not something we can do. 

Have you tried changing the email address on the Ring account to see if you're receiving the needed emails to a different mailbox?

Please let us know so that we can assist.

Thanks! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tattenham51
Joining in

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for the welcome and quick response.

Do you have issues receiving other emails to this mailbox?

- No. Note that we receive other emails from Ring in this mailbox.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to check your mailbox for any blocked emails as this is not something we can do. 

- Who can check for blocked emails sent to ntlworld accounts and how do I contact them?

Have you tried changing the email address on the Ring account to see if you're receiving the needed emails to a different mailbox?

- No, we only have one email address.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tattenham51,

Thanks for coming back to me about this issue. If you're able to receive other emails to this mailbox without any issues, this could be an issue with the Ring emails, in comparison to the mailbox.

Please be aware that if you ever choose to leave Virgin Media services in the future, the NTLWorld mailbox will cease to work 90 days after your Virgin Media broadband account is disconnected. These mailboxes are provided as part of the Virgin Media service, and if you're no longer a customer of ours, this will impact access to your mailbox. We would advise you create a different mailbox independent from any providers you have to ensure you have access to it if you choose to switch service providers.

I would advise trying setting up a different email address and seeing if you're facing the same issue with the Ring emails on the other mailbox.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs