cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some Emails

DoctorFox
Joining in

I've suddenly started receiving letters from trusted companies, (British Gas and TUI), advising they have tried to contact me via email without success.  Nothing has changed and they have the correct email address.  I've checked the settings and can't see anything that would be causing the problem.  Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey DoctorFox, thank you for reaching out and I sorry to hear this about the email issue.

Please can you confirm to me this email is still active and it is using a Virgin host.

Have you also set an rule up anywhere where you didn't want to receive certain emails by any chance? 

Also are these letters from the proper company its not anyone trying to be a fraudulent?

Also is it just these two companies, you've definitely not made any changes lately when booking a holiday or paying bills? 

They could of also spelt the email wrong, it might be worth giving them a call or contacting them to see what email they have on file for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

Thank you for replying and I am sorry it's taken so long to comeback to you.

Nothing has changed.  I'm using the same email address (a Blueyonder one set up donkeys years ago).

I do use email software on my laptop, and also on my Apply Phone but the emails aren't appearing on either.  Also when i log into my Virgin Media account and access my email account, i can see all my emails i have received, except the ones that British Gas and TUI are saying they sent!  I haven't set up any rules (wouldn't know how).

The companies are genuine. I used to get my bills by email from British Gas but suddenly they are sending them by post with a covering letter advising they have tried to email me but it couldn't get delivered.  Additionally they would email me to say the service is due on the boiler and now i have received a letter inviting me to call them to book an appointment.  The same with TUI - genuine letters with holiday documentation that they would normally have sent by email.

Both companies have quoted back to me the email address they are using, and it is correct!

These are the only companies that have advised me there is a problem.  No one else has advised me there is a problem!

It's really strange!  If I can't get it resolved i'm going to have to set up a new email address with a different provider.

Are you aware of anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks

Steve

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Doctor Fox, 

Thank you for your reply I am sorry you are still having issues, can you confirm you have active services with us?
Can you receive any emails can you send them all okay?

Zoie