Menu
rich40w
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving newsletter email

I am not receiving a newsletter email despite unsubscribing and resubscribing to receive...... I have tried to get the Lidl newsletter email but it never gets through on my main account but does on a sub account.......any suggestions on what is going on?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving newsletter email

Check that the sender's email address has not been inadvertently blacklisted by signing into webmail and going to ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email  > Blacklist

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rich40w
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but definitely not on my Blacklisted emails .....any other ideas?

oh and just to add, despite requesting notifications for replies, I get nothing from any responses from this forum......

0 Kudos
ACGraylingforPM
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I had exactly the same problem and indeed raised it on this forum. I found that the only way round was to use a gmail email address rather than a VM one. It does seem that the stricter filtering on VM accounts to address the massive increase in spam have blocked some perfectly legitimate emails which originate from mailing lists. I have had no problems once these are switched over to a gmail suffix.
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@rich40w wrote:

Thanks but definitely not on my Blacklisted emails .....any other ideas?

In webmail go to ☰ > Setting > ▸ Email > Filer Rules and confirm there are no filter rules set that might be discarding newsletters.

Contact the newsletter publisher to:

1. confirm newsletter is being sent
  2. no bounce back is being received in response
  3. your email address is not on any of their or their newsletter service provider's unsubscribed lists

oh and just to add, despite requesting notifications for replies, I get nothing from any responses from this forum......

Are the notifications in your Spam folder or Trash folder; no reason why they should be but worth checking? Consider raising this issue in a new post.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@ACGraylingforPM wrote:
I had exactly the same problem and indeed raised it on this forum. I found that the only way round was to use a gmail email address rather than a VM one. It does seem that the stricter filtering on VM accounts to address the massive increase in spam have blocked some perfectly legitimate emails which originate from mailing lists. I have had no problems once these are switched over to a gmail suffix.

Initial post mentioned that newsletter when subscribed to via:

• primary email address does not arrive
  • secondary email address does arrive

indicating that stricter filtering is unlikely to be cause.

0 Kudos
rich40w
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sadly everything suggested, including contacting sender site, has been done with no improvement......

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi rich40w

Sorry to hear you're having issues receiving your newsletter to your primary email address.  Can I ask whilst this issue is ongoing, if it is inconvenient that you use the secondary email address which you've advised is not having any issues? Or are you not the user of that secondary email address?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
rich40w
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I can use the secondary account but that does not solve the issue for the primary and what other emails I am missing......

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@rich40w 

When you signed up on the main account, did you get the confirmation email through at all?  I just signed up to receive Lidl newsletters to my blueyonder account and I got the initial email in seconds after subscribing.  Both mails arrived directly in my Inbox.

So as you've already found Virgin Media ARE NOT blocking Lidl's mails outright.  Which as @用心棒 has already suggested strongly based on account side issues.

You said earlier that you'd done everything that @用心棒 suggested - yet there's not a lot of information that's any use.

How do you collect your mail?  POP3/IMAP/Webmail

When you contacted Lidl - did they give any response?  If so what.

Have you definitely checked your Spam folder in webmail?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos