cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving mail

Evie160160
Joining in

Hi,no emails are coming into my mailbox ,, a few have appeared from 2017 for some bizarre reason 

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Evie160160 wrote:

Hi,no emails are coming into my mailbox ,, a few have appeared from 2017 for some bizarre reason 

So are you accessing your emails

1) on an email app (perhaps on your phone) or an email client (such as Microsoft Mail or Outlook on a laptop) 

Or

2) Via the Virgin Media Webmail service on the VM website.?

If you are using an app or email client (option 1) then try signing into the VM Webmail service with your email address and password from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Are the new emails being shown in the inbox on the website?

If not you need to check whether there are any filters set up in the account to divert incoming emails to another folder or to delete them. Follow steps 1 to 4 below and if there are any rules you should disable them.

The worry is that if you did not set them up then someone (a hacker or scammer)  has accessed your email account. In that case you will need to reset your email password and ideally change the security questions and answers in your "My Virgin Media" account to try to stop them doing it again.

filter rules steps.png

If the missing emails are in the inbox of your Webmail account it means the VM email account itself is working correctly but your email app or client is playing up. In that case I'm afraid there will be another set of questions to try to diagnose what's gone wrong.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks