Menu
Davidcreek
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving mail from amazon

hi

I cannot receive any mail from amazon. Cannot see them blocked and don't know where else to go. I am at present blocked from my amazon account. I have a Samsung a71

Date 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving mail from amazon

@Davidcreek wrote:

I cannot receive any mail from amazon. Cannot see them blocked and don't know where else to go. I am at present blocked from my amazon account.

If by "blocked" you are saying that you cannot access your Amazon account it would suggest the problem is with your Amazon account. It my be that a hacker has gained access to it, changed the password and email address and is using it to make their own transactions.

If I was in your situation I would contact Amazon UK customer services PDQ on, 0800 279 7234. If you're outside of the UK, dial +44 207 084 7911 and raise it as a security issue.

Once you have regained access to the account you can take it from there. Your first step should be to enable Amazon's Two-Step Verification, a feature that adds an extra layer of security by asking you to enter a unique security code in addition to your password before you can access the account.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Davidcreek
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. J have done this many times and spent over 5 hours holding on virgin mobile support to reach no conclusion. Amazon say they gavd the account blocked and I need to sign in to gain access again . But it will only take me the same sign on screen and will not accept password and if I press forgotten password I do not receive the one time password mail. So I am stuck in a circle with neither amazon or virgin  helping me. As I have kindle. Prime etc with amazon I cannot just open another account. Dave

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Davidcreek wrote:

Hi. J have done this many times and spent over 5 hours holding on virgin mobile support to reach no conclusion.

Virgin Mobile has nothing to do with your Virgin email  account. That is managed by Virgin Media. If you are a Virgin Media broadband customer you could call them on 150 from a Virgin phone and take the "Broadband" option which is the one for email issues. If you are no longer a VM broadband customer and only have a Mobile Phone account with Virgin then they cannot help you because VM emails are for VM Broadband customers only. As an aside, if you no longer have a Broadband account, VM should have deleted the email account 90 days after the relevant Broadband account was closed.

Going right back to the beginning, If you can access your VM webmail account successfully from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ you should:

1) Click the system menu icon (on the right side of the menu bar) coenoby_0-1598096384900.png

2) Then click Settings.

3) Expand the E-mail options.

4) Select Filter Rules and check that there are no filters set up to send Amazon emails to another email address or to a different folder (perhaps into Spam)

5) Then select Blacklist and check that Amazon emails are not being blacklisted

If there are no filter rules or blacklists that removes one possible reason why the Amazon emails are not being received.

Amazon say they gavd the account blocked and I need to sign in to gain access again . But it will only take me the same sign on screen and will not accept password and if I press forgotten password I do not receive the one time password mail. 

So why did they block the account? If they have blocked it and you are not getting the forgotten password emails they need to check which email address they are sending them to.

If they are sending them to your correct email address they need to give you details of the error messages or non delivery reports they are receiving from VM. Without that information it is pretty much impossible to discover why you are not receiving the Amazon emails.

So I am stuck in a circle with neither amazon or virgin  helping me.

I am not an apologist for Virgin Media but you need to contact Amazon to clarify the situation regarding access to your Amazon account.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I made a post last week that certain legit emails inc Amazon were recently marked as Spam by VM, this however should not block your Amazon account but means you need to check the Spam Folder on VM webmail as it will not even make it to your PC's Mail App and mark them as Non Spam which in this case does not do anything but I am told it will be whitelisted soon.