Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving emails

Hi

I've transferred my email account to my new phone,but I'm not receiving any emails from either of my accounts.I've checked all the settings on my virgin email account & on my new phone,but still no emails.Any ideas what I can do next?😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving emails

@Red19 wrote:

Any ideas what I can do next?

Without more information it's just total guesswork as to what the problem and solution might be. 😉

1) Would be very useful if you could post the error message/s you are seeing when you use the email app on your phone to try to sync your VM emails. Take care to redact (anonymise) your full email address if it appears in the error message. Just hide the part before the @ symbol.

2) The other useful piece of information would be to know if you can send emails from your phone. You say you cannot receive but don't mention anything about the send side.

3) Just to complete the picture, can you sign directly in to your VM email accounts on the VM website from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   by using your email addresses and existing passwords?

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The message just says "server not responding". One of my accounts is now working and I have started to receive emails but the other one keeps asking for a password & then not responding & sending the about statement.

I've not changed any passwords or anything,I've just transferred everything from my old phone.I can go to my emails from your link but there's only one account responding on there too.

Thanks 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Red19 wrote:

I can go to my emails from your link but there's only one account responding on there too.

If the one that is "not responding" is the same one that does not work on your phone, it sounds as if it needs to be unlocked by one of the "Forum Team". Again it would be useful to know what error you are seeing when you try to log on using that link.

Is it:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour"

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Red19,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your mailbox, 

I've sent you a private message so I can get a few more details regarding this. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos