cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails to Gmail app on Android phone since yesterday.

AnsteySteve
On our wavelength

Since yesterday I have not been receiving virgin emails to the Gmail app on my Android phone. They arrive ok to Android tablet and to my Windows PC. Have tried deleting the Virgin Account from my mobile and then reinstalling. All emails then pull through including those from yesterday which hadn't previously but any new ones still don't arrive. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this problem will be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

AnsteySteve
On our wavelength

I have been looking through various settings and although it is set to sync automatically it shows the last sync time as just before noon yesterday. I have tried syncing now but nothing seems to happen and the last sync date isn't changed 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AnsteySteve Have a look at this thread for a possible solution:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-receive-emails-into-Gmail-App-android/m-p/53802...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks . I have tried deleting the account from my phone but did not reset the password as it seems to work fine on other devices. I will try changing the password too.

Thanks. That seems to have worked. I am a bit confused though as I changed my Virgin Media password but I don't seem to need to change the password in the Gmail app.

Mykol
Up to speed

> but I don't seem to need to change the password in the Gmail app.

Hi @AnsteySteve, that's because it is not a VM issue; it's a Gmail App issue that is temporarily fixed via a reinstall. The issue will likely return until Google provide a fix.

The Android Gmail App was very recently updated.  Since then there have been reports of some users being unable to sync with their non-Gmail email servers (various vendors, not just VM).

This has been reported to Google Support by users and already escalated to the concerned Gmail team. The team wants relevant details specific to this issue, so for others reporting the same issue be sure to submit feedback directly to the concerned Gmail team via the Feedback option in the Gmail Android mobile app. This process also includes relevant device, browser, app, and OS details as well to best help the team. The team is known to read all feedback submitted to them, although they may not respond back unless they desire additional information related to the topic of your feedback. The purpose of sending Feedback is to also give the team a measure of the volume of users being affected by an issue or requesting a particular feature. 

Reinstalling the App appears to provide a (very) temporary fix. Alternatively, after providing Feedback to Google via the App->Feedback option, you can uninstall updates via Settings->Apps->Gmail->Uninstall Updates. Hopefully Google will provide a more permanent fix in due course.