Menu
RaknasSuper
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving emails from work account

When I send an email to my virgin.net email address from my company work account (non virgin). The email does not arrive. There is no bounce back. My work email server delivery report says

Delivery Report for  **.******@virgin.net ‎(**.******@virgin.net)‎

Submitted
29/05/2020 11:20 ***-MAIL01.***.LOCAL
The message was submitted to ***-mail01.***.local.

Transferred
29/05/2020 11:20 ***-mail01.***.local
The message was successfully handed off to a different e-mail system. This is as far as we can track it.

From this I take it that it has been handed off to the Virgin Mail servers.

0 Kudos
RaknasSuper
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

email not delivered

When I send an email to my virgin.net account from work email address (Non Virgin) the email does not get delivered to my virgin email address. I get no bounce back message or non delivered message. This is the delivery report I get from my work email server.

Delivery Report for  **.******@virgin.net ‎(**.******@virgin.net)‎

Submitted
29/05/2020 13:25 ***-MAIL01.***.LOCAL
The message was submitted to ***-mail01.***.local.

Transferred
29/05/2020 13:25 ***-mail01.***.local
The message was successfully handed off to a different e-mail system. This is as far as we can track it.

As far as this message goes the The work mail system has handed it off to the Virgin mail servers.

Do you know if there is a current problem?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving emails from work account

Check the web mail spam folder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RaknasSuper
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi HowardML

thanks for responding

I checked definitely not in the spam folder. Other people in my organisation for example who have a ntlworld.com or virgin.net or virginmedia.com email address there not receiving email from our company domain email address. Do you think Virgin has blacklisted our domain or is a DNS problem?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Let's not get technical or speculative. If there is a problem it won't easily apparent to us via the Forum without a good deal more information. VM do not blacklist domains by chance. What reason would they have for blacklisting your employer's? Why a DNS failure too.

Next step, check your spam settings in web mail. Should be set for "spam to spam folder" so if by chance VM are rejecting the mail as spam hopefully the mail will find its way to the spam folder instead of it disappearing into a black hole.

Step afterwards. You need to ask your employer's e-mail team if they are seeing any responses to the mail they send out from the  VM servers. This could a case of greylisting, with a final delivery failure or something else like and SPF or DMARC failure because your employer's servers are not properly configured. .

But without knowing what your employer's system is seeing this one is a wild goose chase.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos