Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving emails anymore

HI there

I hope you can help. Since mid September I have not received any email on my ntlworld address, (in either my mail app or via the virgin media website) despite sending test emails myself and with knowledge others have tried to contact me this way. 

Could someone help me retrieve my account please?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not receiving emails anymore

@Roffe1 wrote:

Could someone help me retrieve my account please?

Sadly, one of the most likely reasons that you are not receiving any emails is that someone has hacked into your Virgin Media email account and set up an auto forward or filter to redirect all incoming emails to another email account that they control. If that is the case the criminals may well have hacked in to one or more online accounts (such as Amazon or Ebay for example} that are linked with your Virgin Media email address.

To check that you can:

1) Sign in to your Webmail account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

2) When you are signed in click the system menu icon (the 3 horizontal bars on the top right side of the menu bar)

3) click Settings.

4) Expand the E-mail options.

5)  Select Filter Rules.

You will then see a list of any auto forwards or rules set up on your account. If you find rules that you were not aware of it means some one has hacked your account and you need to follow all the advice here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

You also need to check your other online accounts to make sure whether there have been any fraudulent transactions made.

I hope I am wrong 😐

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much @coenby that's exactly what seems to have happened - there were 2 forwarding rules set up to a boximail account. Have disabled now.

Much appreciate your help

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Roffe1 wrote:

Thanks so much @coenby that's exactly what seems to have happened - there were 2 forwarding rules set up to a boximail account. Have disabled now.

Much appreciate your help

Thanks for coming back so quickly. I'm pleased that you have identified the cause but saddened because it is just the tip of a murky iceberg.

What you need to do asap is to follow all the advice in the "my email has been  hacked" link in my earlier post. In addition you need to check all your other online shopping or financially sensitive accounts for possible fraudulent transactions.

Just to clarify,  the reason that hackers set up those redirects is so that you remain unaware of their criminal activity on your other online accounts such as Amazon. You need to check all those out and also check your credit card accounts and bank accounts for any transactions that you were unaware of.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos