cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email on Android smartphone

Dell1
Joining in

Hi there, i wonder if you can help.  My android phone suddenly stopped received my ntl email , i can still send an email but nothing is coming through and after getting advice from someone, i removed the account and re added it.  But then it asks for a password - which password am i supposed to use?  Virgin media tell me its the web mail password but thats not correct as its still coming up as an error.  Now i cant even see any of my past emails?  can you help ?

Thanks. 

Dell

32 REPLIES 32

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dell1 wrote:

can you help ?

The password you need to use in the app on your phone is the mail app password. That's the one in the format of word-word-word-word.

Have you tried accessing the email account on the VM website?

If not, use this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  Enter your VM email address and then enter your webmail password when prompted.

Then post back the outcome of that.

If you can access the email account on the website it suggests there is a problem with the app accessing your VM email account.

If you get an error message from the website it points to there being an underlying problem with your VM email account itself. The exact error message may give a clue as to what the error is.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

knsue1
On our wavelength

Have you managed to sort this yet same happened with our email can send but not recieve since Monday! 

I'd have assumed when u re added to app it has to be same password ?  

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dell1 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In the first instance, please try following the excellent advice provided by @coenoby and let us know the outcome.

If still no further forward thereafter, we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

GaryRB
Tuning in

Ive had same problem since yesterday.  Emails  addressed to other email account limked into the Gmail app work fine (suggesting the app is ok), and I can see my virginmedia email when web based via link shared above, and via Outlook on Surface Pro.  

So the problem seems to be isolated to emails going to Virginmedia address on Gmail app only?

Any ideas?

Hi there @GaryRB 👋 Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've also been having this issue with your emails. Just to confirm, have you been able to check through the information on this thread to see if it helps with this particular issue?

If you need further help after checking this, please let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thank you for your reply Coenoby, I generated a new email yesterday from account settings and reloaded my email on my mobile phone and entered the four word format password and yes it all worked and i received all the emails up to 3rd August (they had originally stopped from 1st Augut). 

However, unfortunately the same problem appeared today on my mobile phone (Android) where i can send emails but have not received any today?  Could you advise what the issue may be.  If my web mail is good and my ntl email on my pc is good, why is there still an issue on my Android phone?  

Thank you.

Dell

Thank you for your reply Daniel, I generated a new email yesterday from account settings and reloaded my email on my mobile phone and entered the four word format password and yes it all worked and i received all the emails up to 3rd August (they had originally stopped from 1st August). 

However, unfortunately the same problem appeared today on my mobile phone (Android) where i can send emails but have not received any today?  Could you advise what the issue may be.  If my web mail is good and my ntl email on my pc is good, why is there still an issue on my Android phone?  

Thank you.

Dell

SUZIE2508
Joining in

I am having exact same problem.  Any fix yet pls?

Thanks for the update @Dell1 😊 Sorry to see that you're still having an issue with your emails.

Just to confirm, have you been able to check the information here to see if this helps resolve your issue?

Let us know, we'll be happy to help further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules