Menu
julianhowarth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving auto-forwarded messages

Similar to the post here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Auto-forwarded-emails-not-received/td-p/4543250 , my account and my wife's account have stopped receiving messages auto-forwarded from my hosting provider (fasthosts). However, the forwarding to other addresses (e.g. gmail) works correctly. Direct emails to my virgin media account work correctly as well.

This stopped working earlier today, having worked fine for the last 5 years or so. Anyone any advice on how to get this working again.

Thanks,

Julian

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving auto-forwarded messages

@julianhowarth wrote:

Anyone any advice on how to get this working again.

Well done for checking through the forum and finding that similar thread. 👍

Once again, this is something that the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will have to take up with the VM Security Team. One of them should contact you via the forum in the next day or so.

Coenoby 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey @julianhowarth,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I can look into this for you but to do so, we would need to pass account security via a private message, once this has been done we can look into this issue for you.

Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @julianhowarth, all the details you provided are correct in the private message were correct.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has now resolved itself, I will ask the team to look into this but they might not be able to tell me why this happened but I will try my best to find out what I can and get back to you.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
julianhowarth
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Steven_L,

The issue is not fully resolved. Whilst emails seemed ok over the weekend, since this morning we are definitely receiving fewer emails to our virginmedia accounts than we are to gmail. E.g on my virgin account I have received 3 emails since midnight. On gmail I have received at least 10. My wife's account shows similar behaviour.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @julianhowarth,

I am very sorry to hear this. To confirm, are you accessing the Virgin Media email address via our webmail platform as opposed to a mail client/app like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Apple Mail?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
julianhowarth
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We generally access using Thunderbird via IMAP. However, I have also checked directly in the web client with identical results.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julian, 

Thanks for your update, what errors are you getting? Is it certain emails being sent that trigger this?

Zoie

0 Kudos
julianhowarth
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We don't see any errors. Because we have email forwarded to our virgin accounts and gmail accounts, we have noticed that at some times we only get emails on our gmail accounts. In general we receive an email to both accounts at more or less the same time. However, when I first raised this issue, it was because we were literally receiving no messages to our virgin accounts despite them arriving at gmail. It's improved since then but there are still times when some emails come through to gmail but not virgin. There's no particular pattern as to what doesn't come through, though in general they seem to be direct messages from known contacts rather than those which are advertising / mail lists/ social media.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julianhowarth,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it from certain email domains where they are not getting through to your virgin media accounts or is it random ones that you will receive?

Zoie

0 Kudos