Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving all email

@MissPasko

Can you use the link I provided to get the details of the delay?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 12 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I assume you'll know whether this is helpful or not:

Relay Information

Received Delay: 29748 seconds

Hop Delay From By With Time (UTC) Blacklist
1*10.250.22.54play2-relay.national-lottery.co.ukesmtp (Exim 4.90_1) (envelope-from <play @ play2.national-lottery.co.uk>)11/14/2018 2:51:28 PM
28 hourplay2-relay.national-lottery.co.uk 52.48.8.56mx6.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.netESMTP11/14/2018 11:02:16 PM
35 minutessmtpclienthelo 212.54.59.73md4.tb.ukmail.iss.localLMTP11/14/2018 11:07:16 PM
40 secondsmd4.tb.ukmail.iss.local 212.54.59.73mc7.tb.ukmail.iss.localLMTP11/14/2018 11:07:16 PM

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 42
Flag for a moderator

It's possible that your graph may indicate that the problem was being worked on last night.

It would definitely be nice to get some info from @ModTeam @Jen_A or @Nicola_C to confirm this.

Looking at your stats the delay there is on the Mail exchanger with no delays further in.  Whereas tests yesterday were seeing the delays between the mx and md portions of Virgin Media's infrastructure.

Tests this morning appear to show no delays when I try, but I'm reluctant to say it's fixed based on the two tests I've done.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 14 of 42
Flag for a moderator

it is definitely not fixed and as usual we have to come to the community to find out there is a known issue rather than seeing it on the service status page where it should be appearing but like nearly all email issues never does ! VM get a grip please, again ! poor poor poor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I sent my self an email this morning at 9am, its 11am now and still not came through sadly

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 16 of 42
Flag for a moderator

totally hopeless and still silence from VM !!! TWO DAYS !!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 42
Flag for a moderator

It takes Virgin Media up to 7 days to respond on here.  While they are normally quick to respond to flags, there is probably some turmoil in Swansea at the moment being as Virgin Media are closing it down next year.

I have had a PM from one of the Forum Team to say she will be addressing this, but it's not going to be an immediate response.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 18 of 42
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your efforts Tim but its not very good is it ;-(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@muffmasterh wrote:

thanks for your efforts Tim but its not very good is it ;-(

Trust me it's far better than the crap you get from phone support.  Normally it's a lot better, but Virgin Media in their infinite wisdom have decided to close Swansea with the main second line moving to Manchester (this was in the news earlier this summer)

As someone who was made redundant from a well known tyre company, I can tell you that causes all kinds of problems for the staff that need resolving before the closure, while some may choose to relocate, I rather suspect Virgin Media is going to lose a lot of valuable talent.

As stated - this is definitely on Virgin's radar, the Forum Team member who PM'd me is well clued up on the email side of things, so she will get this raised in due course.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 42
Flag for a moderator

If needed, one more test result from this morning. Sent from BY address self to self via webmail at 10.51. Arrived 11.23.

Whole 31-32 minutes delay experienced at hop 4.

Delay-1.JPG